Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17, 2009



The 'Original Grid Lines', 'Additional Grid Lines', and points in colors #1 and #2 have been mapped. All relevant rules of engagement, up to this point, have been dutifully recorded on the margins. No non-grid lines have yet made an appearance.
Once points in color#1 had been made, the rules had to be recorded; however, since I had been writing in the margins in such a way that my arm would have smudged the wet dots of paint unless I wrote with my arm dangling in mid-air (which would have compromised the integrity of the lettering), I decided to wait for the paint to dry. Today, when I returned to the studio, the rules of color#1 were written first, and then the rules of color#2. After writing the rules, I went to work dotting the points of color #2 when I realized that I had make a silly mistake in my initial observation of the location of points #2. It is better, I have decided, to make the points first; that experience allows me a more intimate understanding of the connection between the grid and the individual points. Also, I might direct my writing in such a way as to be able to avoid the wet painting while I am recording my observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment